Abandoned building, Chambless, CA. on the 1931-1973 alignment of Route 66. This building fits the description of Chambless Camp, built in 1932 by James Chambless. The Camp had a garage, a large canopy out front over the entrance and gas pumps, and cabins. The building was still used in 1993 as the Chambless Market and Gas run by Gus Lizalde (see: Guide to Historic Route 66 in California by Davies and Kuna, 1993, p. 8) July 31, 2005.